From Pastor Arthur Demosthenes (Elim EFC, Fitchburg/Morijah EFC Waltham)
"One of my greatest desires is to take a team from NEDA to Canaan, Haiti, for a weeklong mission trip this coming Spring. The team could be made up of members from one church or be a combination of members from more than one congregation. At this time the best date seems to be Monday April 17 to Monday April 24, the week after Easter celebration. However, any participant could make a five-day instead of seven-day trip, if it is necessary. The ministry possibilities are the following:
- Construction ministry along with a team of skilled Haitian brothers and sisters (provided we have the needed funds).
- Vacation Bible school along with Haitian Sunday School teachers. We would bring materials down such as arts & crafts materials, books, etc.
- Leadership Training / Study of a biblical topic or study from a book of the Bible (pastors).
- Preaching and participating in night services (Monday-Friday) provided we have one pastor on the trip.
- Visiting homes and prayer ministry in the community.
We welcome children, young people, and adults. The team may be as small as five or as large as fifteen. Beside the tickets, the cost of the mission trip will be $500.00 per person which will cover food and lodging and basic ministry and fellowship expenses and gifts. If the Lord should open the door for us to raise $5000.00 as a team, we could sponsor and participate in the construction of one additional classroom or one adjacent room to the clinic or building at least one house in the community. If anyone from your church is interested ...please send me an email or give me a call/text me at (617) 893-0563. God bless you!" - Arthur