The next Gateway Phase 1 Training Orientation will take place on March 25th. The session will officially begin at 9:00AM, but it's best to begin the access at 8:45AM. To access the orientation via video ("ooVoo") conference, follow these instructions:
EFCA GATEWAY Theological Institute uses ooVoo video conferencing to do video Orientations when a GATEWAY staff member is unable to attend the Orientation in person. To download ooVoo to your computer go to: http://www.oovoo.com/Download.aspx . Create an account using your email address and add a display name. Please do this ahead of time in order to have a practice session with a GATEWAY staff member on a day prior to the orientation.
Video conferencing instructions using ooVoo :
1. For best results use a laptop or desktop computer rather than an iPad or tablet.
2. A headset allows for better sound reception, but if a group is watching the video conference, do not use headset.
3. Wireless internet connection works well but a hardwired connection may give a more consistent signal.
4. In order to conserve resources, it’s recommended to close applications that use bandwidth (email, websites, etc.)
5. GATEWAY has an ooVoo premium contract that allows for screen sharing, priority support and no ads.
6. Sign in to ooVoo ahead the scheduled time in order to assure that all is working well and to be ready for the orientation.
7. After signing into your ooVoo account select “check your audio and video” from the “Help” menu. Click “check” for your webcam, speakers and microphone and follow the instructions in the wizard. Take a photo of yourself in the webcam area and ooVoo will display it with your contact information for others to see.