GATEWAY Theological Institute exists to provide a 'gateway' to credentialing (for those who qualify) within the larger EFCA movement. Gateway offers language-specific, practical and accessible theological training for pastors, church planters and leaders, both men and women, equipping them for effective ministry in their current contexts. GATEWAY is designed for leaders who have a need for theological and pastoral training but lack the time and resources to access traditional seminary education. It should be noted that completion of the class does not automatically qualify a person for licensing, ordination or other EFCA credentials.
Information that will be covered during the Orientation (date to be determined for 2019) will include explanations of how the class operates e.g lectures, assignments, grading, and the requirements for the kind of discipline and commitment that are needed for this course. It will also review the syllabus, class dates, and the assignment for the first class. The online registration process will also be explained.
Prospective students should also attend the video conference orientation prepared to register and pay the tuition if they decide to take the class. Registration is done online, and the online registration information will be distributed by the facilitator at the orientation or before. Gateway Phase I tuition is $300 and includes the manual. A special price for the spouse of a student in the same class is $150 (the couple share one manual). After a student registers and pays the tuition online the Gateway manual will be sent to his or her home. Mail-in registration is available of those who can't complete the online registration. You will also need need to purchase (or borrow from others) several books for this class.
For more information about Gateway, go to https://go.efca.org/resources/document/gateway-bible-institute
SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT HOW TO ACCESS THE GATEWAY VIDEO CONFERENCING:
EFCA GATEWAY Theological Institute uses ooVoo video conferencing to do video Orientations when a GATEWAY staff member is unable to attend the Orientation in person. To download ooVoo to your computer go to: http://www.oovoo.com/Download.aspx . Create an account using your email address and add a display name. Please do this ahead of time in order to have a practice session with a GATEWAY staff member on a day prior to the orientation.
Video conferencing instructions using ooVoo :
1. For best results use a laptop or desktop computer rather than an iPad or tablet.
2. A headset allows for better sound reception, but if a group is watching the video conference, do not use headset.
3. Wireless internet connection works well but a hardwired connection may give a more consistent signal.
4. In order to conserve resources, it’s recommended to close applications that use bandwidth (email, websites, etc.)
5. GATEWAY has an ooVoo premium contract that allows for screen sharing, priority support and no ads.
6. Sign in to ooVoo ahead the scheduled time in order to assure that all is working well and to be ready for the orientation.
7. After signing into your ooVoo account select “check your audio and video” from the “Help” menu. Click “check” for your webcam, speakers and microphone and follow the instructions in the wizard. Take a photo of yourself in the webcam area and ooVoo will display it with your contact information for others to see.