From time to time, job openings within NEDA churches are made known as they become available. For more information, please contact the church or individual listed, not the NEDA office. For additional senior/solo pastor positions, please go to the MinisterConnection.net
[Posted 3.2.18] Children's Ministry Intern (Summer position)
Trinity EFC in Windsor, VT is offering a summer internship opportunity for an energetic and creative college or graduate school student to experience Kingdom-building children’s ministry in a post-Christian New England small town.
Trinity is a vibrant and down-to-earth church family with over 100 in attendance for Sunday worship. We minister to our community through relationships in our neighborhoods and at work, as well as through a Food Shelf ministry and events throughout the year for kids and families. A multi-generational church with a solid core of families with young children, Trinity’s mission is to make disciples who know Jesus personally, follow him completely and proclaim him broadly.
Intern Ministry Responsibilities include:
- Develop outreach activities throughout the week with kids (target 1st – 5th grade, but also middle school and high school, as opportunities emerge).
- Coordinate volunteers for Trinity’s Wednesday PM Hot Dogs on the Green & Kids Ministry Outreach.
- Work with Summer Kid's Camp team (VBS) led by Children’s Ministry Coordinator, planning the week-long camp from July 30 - Aug 3. Take on a leadership role during Kid's Camp.
- Study a book of the Bible (TBD) throughout the summer with Children’s Ministry Coordinator and/or Pastor, with written reflections of how the study relates to and impacts the summer ministry experience.
- (If musically inclined) Opportunity to plug in to Worship Arts Team for Sunday morning worship.
- Other projects/activities as agreed upon.
- Room & board provided (shared meals, accommodations in parsonage daylight basement apartment), 25-30 hours/week for 10-12 weeks,$1200 stipend for the summer.
- Heart for Children’s Ministry.
- Conscientious work ethic, willing & able to work within a variety of settings & circumstances, with composure & flexibility.
- Conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Self-starter, good at multi-tasking & prioritizing projects.
- Affirms the statement of faith of Trinity EFC.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer & Christian community.
Contact Pastor Paul Voltmer at the address below with a cover letter and resume.
44 Main Street, Windsor, Vermont 05089 Phone: 802.674.6781